10 Tips For Weight Loss - Christmas Holiday Weight Gain Challenge
Christmas and other holidays are challenging times for those who try to control their diet for weight loss as there is almost always a holiday weight gain associated with any holiday time including Christmas, due to the parties and food.
The holiday foods are always loaded with lots of sugar and fat, so you end up gain some more pounds if you are not careful. This is not to prevent you from enjoying the holidays.
I am always in favor of celebrations and holidays as they are much needed to bring joy in life. You don't have to starve yourself or avoid delicious food.
You just have to be a little cautious and practice some helpful tips which will help you stay fit and achieve your weight loss goals even if its is Christmas or any holiday time.
10 helpful tips for staying fit and achieving weight loss goals on Christmas and other holidays
1. Exercise daily, especially aerobics type, even if it is for 15 minutes.
2. Try to walk whenever possible.
3. Try running for few minutes everyday if weather permits, if not try few minutes of light indoor exercises.
4. Always drink water before you have any desserts or fried foods and also before enjoying any holiday feast.
5. Even if you don't love salads, try to add more salads to your daily diet. This is sure to reduce your craving for sweets.
6. Relax, sleep enough and enjoy leisure time activities.
7. Do whatever activities you love, whether indoor or outdoor, like playing your favorite games or sports.
8. If you do a lot of holiday cooking at home, try to reduce the amount of sugar and butter you use, try more natural sweeteners and fats like maple syrup, honey etc for sweetness and avocado and applesauce as replacement for butter. Get innovative with your cooking.
10. If there is fresh and good quality food that are extra, consider donating the food. It will help you and others in need.
Hope you find this useful.